The R&D department at Veeam has been working hard to release the next version of the company’s award-winning backup and replication product. Understanding that the traditional backup problems of limited capabilities, increased complexity and high cost are no longer acceptable for organizations, Veeam’s R&D team has focused on three key areas: innovation, features and performance.
After 5 ½ years since the first release of the solution, version 7 is now available. It’s powerful, easy-touse and offers affordable data protection for organizations of all sizes.
Two important innovations with this product include: Built-in WAN Acceleration that provides backups offsite 50x faster and Backup from Storage Snapshots that dramatically improve RPOs.
Additionally, there are seven new features in version 7 that make this Modern Data Protection solution the best option for cloud environments:
1. Virtual Lab for Replicas reducing risk and putting replicas to work
2. Enhanced 1-Click Restore providing self-service recovery of VMs and guest files
3. Native Tape Support providing another option for archiving Veeam backups
4. Virtual Labor for Hyper-V extending U-AIR, SureBackup and On-Demand Sandbox to Hyper-V
5. Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint offering rapid find and restore from SharePoint backups
6. vSphere Web Client enabling monitoring of backups and backup infrastructure directly from vSphere
7. vCloud Director backup and recovery has been enhanced
For more information on version 7, check out our previous blogs on Veeam products or visit the Veeam website.