Veeam Software has released Veeam Backup & Replication version 6, which features Microsoft Hyper-V support and enhancements for VMware virtual-machines software. More than 25,000 customers already rely on Veeam Backup & Replication to protect their VMware virtualized applications and workloads. Here are five reasons you may want to try this new version of Veeam Backup & Replication.
1. Veeam Software solicited customers for their suggested enhancements to the software, and incorporated the most-requested enhancements into version 6.
2. The v6 release emphasizes enterprise scalability. According to the company, it streamlines deployment and maintenance of remote office/branch office installations and larger installations.
3. Performance is enhanced. A new distributed architecture, working together with new WAN optimizations, improves the software’s performance, especially for remote sites.
4. Replication is enhanced. V6 accelerates replication by 10x, streamlines failover, and provides failback with delta sync.
5. How about 1-click file restore? V6 extends the company’s existing instant file-level recovery with delegated, web-based restore directly to the virtual machine, without needing a direct network connection or an in-guest agent.
Photo Credit: Cliff