As 2014 comes to a close, experts are predicting the trends for the New Year. Gartner recently released its top 10 strategic technology trends for organizations in 2015.
The industry analyst group based this top 10 list on those technologies that have the potential for significant impact on organizations over the next three years. They looked at such factors as potential for disruption, the need for major investment or the risk of being late to adopt.
The following is a summary of Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2015:
- Computing Everywhere – increased focus on the mobile community
- The Internet of Things – applying the four basic usage models: Manage, Monetize, Operate, and Extend to any of the four “Internets”
- 3D Printing – growth of the 3D printer market by 98 percent in 2015 and doubling in 2016
- Advanced, Pervasive and Invisible Analytics – analytics becoming a necessity of every app
- Content-Rich Systems – better understanding by applications of the context of user requests, enabling alerts and appropriate responses
- Smart Machines – more in-depth analytics leading to smarter machines
- Cloud/Client Computing – merging of cloud and mobile computing increasing the growth in centrally coordinated apps available for any type of device
- Software-Defined Applications and Infrastructure – movement away from static computing to dynamic models with more agile programming
- Web-Scale IT – growth in global-scale computing to deliver the capabilities of large cloud service providers within an enterprise IT setting
- Risk-Based Security and Self-Protection – increase in building security directly into applications and not relying on perimeters and firewalls to protect an organization’s information assets
For more on Gartner’s Top 10 Tech Trends for 2015, click here.